What’s better than a churro, Churro Cheesecake Recipe? This incredible recipe is made with only 7 ingredients and it comes together in minutes. It’s flavored with lots of cinnamon sugar, a buttery flaky crust, and a sweet and tangy cream cheese filling.
Why this Churro Cheesecake Recipe Works
Store-bought crescent roll dough works as the flaky/buttery crust mimicking the texture of churro dough.
A combination of melted butter, granulated sugar, and cinnamon creates a topping that is sweet and a little crunchy just like the outside of a Churro Cheesecake Recipe.
A simple sweetened cream cheese filling adds a bit of tang and a smooth and creamy cheesecake center.
- Crescent roll dough or sheets – Two 8oz tubes, I use Pillsbury.
- Cream cheese – Should be softened to room temperature so it mixes up easily.
- Granulated sugar – For making the cinnamon sugar and for sweetening the cream cheese.
- Egg – To thicken the cream cheese.
- Vanilla extract – For flavoring the cheesecake layer.
- Cinnamon – For that classic churro flavor.
- Melted butter – For brushing on top before adding the cinnamon sugar.
What's better than a churro? Churro flavored cheesecake! This incredible recipe is made with only 7 ingredients and it comes together in minutes. It's flavored with lots of cinnamon sugar, a buttery flaky crust, and sweet and tangy cream cheese filling.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Two 8-oz packages refrigerated crescent roll dough or sheets
- 16 oz full fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- see note for optional toppings
- Combine cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack in the middle of the oven. Grease a 9×13 baking pan and sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar in the bottom.
- Open one tube of crescent rolls. Unroll the dough and press the seams together to form one rectangular piece. Place into the bottom of the prepared 9×13 baking pan, it should cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla, beating until smooth and well combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust and spread into an even layer.
- Using the second tube of crescent roll dough, unroll and press the seams together (just like you did with the first one) and place it over the cream cheese layer. It should cover the cream cheese completely.
- Pour melted butter over the top and spread it into an even layer (I use the back of a spoon). Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 26-30 minutes, until the crescent dough has puffed and is golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool completely, then transfer to the fridge until chilled. Once chilled, cut and serve.
- Dulce de leche or salted caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh strawberries
Nutritional Information is an estimate based on third-party calculations and may vary based on products used and serving sizes.
- Prep Time: 21 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 284
Keywords: Churro Cheesecake Recipe